Brussels, 17 November 2016 - The NGO Shipbreaking Platform publishes today the eleventh South Asia Quarterly Update, a briefing paper in which it informs about the shipbreaking industry in Bangladesh, India and Pakistan. Providing an overview of vessels broken on the beaches of South Asia, accidents, recent on-the-ground, legislative and political developments including our activities in South Asia we aim to inform the public about the negative impacts of substandard shipbreaking practices as well as positive steps aimed at the realisation of environmental justice and the protection of workers’ rights.
In this edition you will find out more about the catastrophic explosion that occurred in Pakistan in November and other tragic accidents in both the Bangladeshi and Indian ship breaking yards, our follow up of the North Sea Producer case as well as the ongoing investigations on the Pakistani blast. Last but not least, watch the video featuring our South Asian members who were interviewed in June by the European Economic and Social Committee.
Download the #11 here or by clicking on the report to the left.
* Download #1 (April 2014) here
* Download #2 (July 2014) here
* Download #3 (October 2014) here
* Download #4 (January 2015) here
* Download #5 (April 2015) here
* Download #6 (July 2015) here
* Download #7 (October 2015) here
* Download #8 (January 2016) here
* Download #9 (April 2016) here
* Download #10 (August 2016) here