The Daily Star – 8 ship breaking workers fall sick inhaling carbon-dioxide in Ctg

17 February 2013 - Eight workers became sick as they inhaled excessive carbon-dioxide gas when opening a gas cylinder at a ship breaking yard in Sitakunda upazila of Chittagong yesterday.

Of the victims Imran Hossain and Abdul Wahidur were admitted to a local clinic.

Police said the workers at ARL Ship Breaking Limited mistakenly opened a gas cylinder in the engine room of a ship around 1:15pm.

Ritesh Mahmud, director of the yard, said they will bear all the cost of the workers’ treatment.